When I met in October with the Lynn University admissions rep, Paul McPhee, I wanted to know what had changed since I had visited Lynn in November 2013. Here are some of the highlights:
- An international business center opened.
- A new dorm for upper classmen will be complete by the end of this school year
- A new University Center will be opening in the 2018-2019.
- Every student gets an iPad Pro
- Faculty-authored e-books offer cost savings and are tailored to Lynn’s courses
- Lynn signed a partnership with General Assembly. Initially 9 students will go to San Francisco for a 10-week IT boot camp followed by a 6-week internship in the San Francisco area.
- The freshman class will be growing from 680 to 700 students.
So what is the typical Lynn student like?
- Students come from over 100 countries and most US states.
- NJ is the 3rd biggest state that sends students to Lynn.
- 25% are international students
- 20% have learning differences
- Most were B/B- high school students
- 44% apply test optional
- 45% are business majors.
If you want to know more about Lynn, check out my November 2013 blog post.